Fibro Fog in fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome
brain fog (also known as fibro-fog or cognitive dysfunction) is one of the most common complaints of people with fibromyalgia (FM) and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).
For many, it can have one in their lives such as pain or the impact of fatigue.
Some people even say that brain fog is the most debilitating of your physical symptoms.
What are the causes of brain fog?
We do not yet know exactly what causes cognitive dysfunction in these disorders, but we have many theories about possible contributing factors, including:
• Lack of sleep
• abnormal volume or skull of the blood stream
• Brain deformities
• Premature aging of the brain
• mental distraction due to pain
With FM the fog of the brain is usually higher when the pain gets worse.
In both FM and CSA it can be complicated if you are anxious, embarrassed or confronted with emotional overload.
Depression , which often occurs in fibromyalgia and CFS, is also associated with fibro-mist.
Some studies, however, show that the severity of brain fog does not correlate with the symptoms of depression.
Many common medicines for FM and CSA can also contribute to brain safes.
fibro-mist brain symptoms:
• Symptoms of mental confusion can range from mild to severe.
• They often vary from day to day and all patients have them all.
Use of words and memory:
• Difficulty in memorizing familiar words, using bad words, slowly remembering the names.
Problems with short-term memory:
• Forgetting, the inability to remember what you have read or heard.
• Spatial disorientation:
Does not recognize familiar surroundings, is easy to lose, can hardly remember where things are.
Difficulties to take Multitask:
• Inability to pay attention to more than one thing, forgetting the original task when deriving.
• Confusion and concentration problems, reduced information processing, is quickly distracted.
mathematical figures / difficulties:
• Difficulty performing simple mathematical calculations, remember sequences, the conversion of numbers, memory memory numbers.
• Some people may also have other types of brain disorders.
brain-blue disorders and learning:
We have so far found no evidence that our misty brain comes from known learning problems.
However, our problems are similar to those associated with disorders such as dyslexia (reading problems), dysphasia (difficulty speaking) and dyscalculia (difficulty with mathematical problems / time / space).
If you think you have a mental impairment, please contact your doctor.
The diagnosis can help you to get reasonable adjustments to work or to request an incapacity benefit.
The treatment of brain fog
For some people, brain fog has been solved with an effective treatment for pain or sleep problems.
However, not everyone can find effective treatments, leaving many patients without treatment for this problem.
Supplements are a common choice.
Although we have a lot of evidence to support their effectiveness, some doctors and people with these diseases have discovered that supplements improve brain function / thinking.
Common to the fog of the brain, the supplements are:
• Omega-3 (fish oil) (Chia)
• St. John’s Wort
• theanine (present in amino acids in tea leaves)
Some doctors recommend dietary changes with “brain-friendly” foods, some of which are natural sources of the above mentioned supplements.
Some of these foods are:
• Vis (omega-3)
• Canola oil or walnut oil (Omega-3)
• The eggs (hill)
• Fruits and vegetables
• Chia seeds (omega-3)
Some studies on fibromyalgia show that moderate exercise can also help improve brain function.
Researchers learn more about the brain and how it works, and new information can help us understand the brain fog.
Research into brain aging and some degenerative diseases show that cognitive training can sometimes slow, stop or reverse the loss of intellectual functions.
Some doctors use intellectual training programs, which often contain software that you use at home.
Game companies and sites that offer games that claim that it can improve the intellectual function, some data suggest that games with virtual reality, memory and critical thinking improve.
Because this is a new field of science, you can probably learn more about mental processes and functions in the coming years.
“Thank you for reading !!!