Cancer survivor, her husband and their young children are forced to live in a caravan as toxic mould ruins their house after renovations

  • A young family of four have been living out of their backyard for eight months 
  • Their house is plagued with toxic black mould making it unsafe to live inside  
  • They now live in a caravan with an outdoor toilet and a portable shower
  • They allege Allianz started the mould infection and are still paying premiums

A cancer survivor, her husband and their young children are living in a trailer after their home became uninhabitable due to toxic mould – and their insurance company refuses to help.

Jaylene Williams and Jared Plank and their children have lived in their backyard in Melbourne for the last eight months after their home was plagued with toxic black mould.

Mould spread across their home after workmen hired by insurance company Allianz failed to reseal the bathroom when they fixed a shower leak, the family alleges.

Both of their young children have been to hospital to be treated for respiratory infections.

‘The 40C days, that’s tough on the kids,’ Ms Williams told Today Tonight.

Ms Williams is recovering from her battle with cancer and is unable to go into the house.

A young Melbourne family including children and a mother in cancer recovery have lived in their backyard for the last eight months after their home was plagued with toxic black mould

A young Melbourne family including children and a mother in cancer recovery have lived in their backyard for the last eight months after their home was plagued with toxic black mould

The family of four’s current accommodation setup is a caravan, an outside toilet and a portable shower.

‘No one’s helped us so we’re pretty much left homeless,’ said Mr Plank.

He alleges that Allianz denied playing a part in the spread of the mould and refused to assist in knocking down the home.

Daily Mail Australia has reached out to Allianz for comment.

Mould infections can be a 'silent killer'. Sydney man Mark Macduffie (pictured) was hospitalised suffering from Toxic Mould Syndrome and lost his hair and eyebrows

Mould infections can be a ‘silent killer’. Sydney man Mark Macduffie (pictured) was hospitalised suffering from Toxic Mould Syndrome and lost his hair and eyebrows

Home mould infections can be fatal for residents and have been labeled a ‘silent killer’.

Former TV presenter Nicole Christine developed a legion on her brain after she accidentally gave herself a ‘mould shower’ by cleaning a skylight.

Sydney man Mark Macduffie lost his hair and eyebrows and had a suspected heart attack due to mould in his apartment last year.

Melbourne PE teacher Carly Buhagiar thought she had adult acne that was actually lesions that covered her entire face, legs and chest due to a reaction to mould.

Carly Buhagiar, 34, moved into her trendy Melbourne apartment in April 2014, but shortly afterwards she started to develop severe rashes on her face and body

Carly Buhagiar, 34, moved into her trendy Melbourne apartment in April 2014, but shortly afterwards she started to develop severe rashes on her face and body.

Cancer survivor and her young children live in a trailer after toxic mould infected their house.

 

source:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6802135/Cancer-survivor-young-children-live-trailer-toxic-mould-infected-house.html

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *